Attended this class? Sign in to participate.
Are you struggling with implementing Agile in your organization? Is the change too prescriptive? Are your teams overburdened and less productive but still too resistant for a revolutionary change?
Choose the “Alternative Path to Agility” and implement an evolutionary and humane Change Management Method which doesn’t change your process but improves it.
The Kanban Method provides pragmatic, actionable, evidence-based guidance for successful evolutionary change. It starts with what you do now and respects current roles, responsibilities and job titles. This allows organizations to evolve business processes gradually, define and use relevant metrics to measure progress, and significantly reduce the risk associated with complex change programs.
About the Course
Kanban is a management method that improves the provision of all kinds of services (in and outside IT). In the process, improvements are accelerated and the business is continuously developed in small steps to provide the services to the purpose and to be adaptable.
As an alternative way to agility or as the next development step for mature agile teams, Kanban is currently receiving a lot of attention and is successfully used in more and more companies. The application is not restricted to software development, but is possible wherever people work jointly.
As a participant, you will learn the basic recipes (principles, practices, values) of the Kanban method. In a simulation, these are then applied and deepened. You will also learn how to best start Kanban with your own organization in a best practice, or to effectively improve existing kanban systems.
The course is very interactive with a mixture of simulation, mediation of concepts as well as exercises for reflection and transfer into the own working context. You can design elements of your own kanban system in rough strokes.
The Kanban Systems Design [KMP1] lays the foundations of the Lean Kanban method teaching you the principles, practices and processes. This 2-day course is certified by the Lean Kanban University and has been put together by Lean Kanban experts and leaders including David J. Anderson and Mike Burrows.
The course follows the official LKU Certified Kanban syllabus. During the two days, you will have ample opportunities to discuss and experience the following topics:
Meet and Experience Kanban
- Ø Full simulation using the getKanban game
Definition of Kanban
- Ø Foundational Principles (Change Management and Service Delivery)
- Ø Core Practices
- Ø The Kanban Lens
- Ø The Kanban Values
- Ø Service orientation
- Ø Visualisation
- Ø Pull-Based Systems
- Ø Commitment in Kanban
- Ø Replenishment and Planning
- Ø Delivery of Products
- Ø Lead and End-to-End Cycle Times
- Ø Little’s Law
- Ø Cumulative Flow Diagrams
- Ø Flow Efficiency
- Ø Metrics in Kanban Systems
Review of a case study as well as practical work with examples of the participants in the design of a Kanban system based on the System Thinking Approach to Implementing Kanban:
- Ø STATIK - Systems Thinking Approach to Implementing Kanban
- Ø Understanding Sources of Variability
- Ø Identifying Opportunities to Improve
- Ø Analyzing Demand and Capability
- Ø Modelling Workflow
- Ø Designing a Kanban System
- Ø Work Item Types
- Ø Classes of Service
- Ø Motives for change
Kanban Board Design
- Ø Designing Kanban Ticket
- Ø Examples of Visual Kanban Boards
The course will familiarize students with these concepts through a sophisticated simulation of a Kanban System. Students will be challenged to develop, refine, and utilize their own Kanban to drive decisions and facilitate performance improvements. Learning will be very interactive and hands-on.
Who Should Attend?
Kanban works across multiple functions of an organization, from senior members of staff looking to adopt Lean Management to members of delivery teams willing to improve their working practices. Previous KMP1 attendees have been in roles such as:
- Ø Senior Managers
- Ø Program and Project Managers
- Ø Product Managers, Product Owners and Business Analysts
- Ø Scrum Masters, Team Leads and Change Agents
- Ø Product & Software Developers & Testers
- Ø Agile Coaches & Practitioners (Scrum, XP, DSDM, AgilePM, etc.)
- Ø Other roles such as HR and Finance professionals
Participants will receive a KMP1 certificate of course completion from Lean Kanban University (LKU) as well as membership of LKU. The Certificate is for lifetime and doesn’t need to be renewed.
Project Management Institute (PMI): 16 PDUs (Professional Development Units).
- Ø Lean Kanban University's certified training curriculum and teaching methods were created through collaboration of leading experts and validated in hundreds of training classes around the world.
- Ø You get pragmatic, actionable guidance you can implement in your organization next week - because it doesn't require permission, a large budget or getting others to change.
- Ø You will receive training from an Accredited Kanban Trainer, who has experience teaching and coaching Kanban within several organizations.
- Ø Profile listing on the Lean-Kanban University (LKU) alumni page.
- Ø Private on-site and semi-private training classes are also available, upon request.
Cancellations & Refunds
Substitutions are accepted at any time. Cancellations must be notified by email and refunds will be provided according to the following:
We reserve the right to postpone or cancel this event if there are less than 5 registrations or if presenters are unable to attend due to illness. If necessary, you will be notified no later than 5 days prior to the event and all registration payments will be refunded promptly. We will not be responsible for any other costs incurred.
Registration includes lunch on both days and an electronic copy of the presentation slides after course completion.
All attendees receive a free electronic copy of Kanban Blue Book by David J. Anderson.
Contact: email@example.com Tel: +1-510-258-2345