Attended this class? Sign in to participate.
Enterprise Services Planning (ESP) is a framework of tools that leaders of 21st Century knowledge-work enterprises can apply to their strategic and capacity planning. ESP is often described as the equivalent of MRP for a professional services business. Such businesses employ many educated professionals, who think for a living, perform largely invisible work, and deliver mostly intangible products and services to customers.
Such businesses are increasingly exposed to VUCA - the conditions of volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity. It is often futile, under such condition, to plan specific results, deliverables, and milestones. The VUCA reality quickly tosses such plans out of the window. Does this sound like your enterprise? ESP can help! What you can do is, plan the capacity of your services to sense, respond and deliver the right levels of service that meet customers' purpose. You can plan the mechanisms of feedback to keep your network of services balanced and capable to execute your strategy. You can plan to avoid risks your enterprise can't take and to manage the risks it chooses to take. That's what we mean by "planning."
ESP complements the delivery capabilities generated by Kanban "from the middle" and agile approaches "from the bottom up" and connects them "at the top" with the models and tools you need to manage on enterprise level.
- Overview of strategy
- Organizational risk
- Fitness for purpose
- Custom risk assessment frameworks
- Alignment of strategy and capability
- Survivability assessment
- Cost of delay
- Real options
- Demand shaping
- Capacity allocation
- Risk hedging
- Portfolio Kanban
- Delivery and project forecasting
- Liquidity and volatility
- Working with irrefutable demand
- Managing dependencies
- Dynamic capacity reservation systems
Who Should Attend:
- If you are a leader/executive taking responsibility for your company’s strategic decisions
- If you a manager responsible for design, implementation and/or delivery of products and services to your company's customers -- you manage one service or a network of such services
- If you are an improvement consultant or coach responsible for pragmatic actionable advice to such executives and managers
- Participants will receive Lean Kanban University (LKU) certificate of class completion
Tel: +44 (0)203 633 0277
Cancellations & Refunds
- A full refund will be issued if you cancel your registration at least 30 working days before the event start date.
- Replacing delegates: this can be done at no extra cost
- We reserve the right to postpone or cancel this course if there are insufficient registrations. If this is the case, you will be notified 5 working days before the course start date. In this case, you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund. We will not be responsible for any other costs incurred.