Attended this class? Sign in to participate.
"MY TEAM IS OVERWHELMED. HOW CAN WE USE KANBAN TO HELP US GET OUR WORK UNDER CONTROL?"
Team Kanban Practitioner (1 day class)
The Team Kanban Practitioner class teaches the basics of the Kanban Method and serves as the entry level and starting point to an "alternative path to agility."
During this one-day interactive and engaging kanban training course, you will learn the basics of visualizing different types of work and associated risk. You will learn how to design and implement a Team Kanban board. You will also learn how to proceed to the next level with Kanban.
During this program, you will learn what the Kanban Method is, the principles and practices of the Method, and how you can build your Kanban proficiency by:
- Designing a basic Kanban board
- Understanding work item types and identifying risks associated with them
- Understanding the variety of Team Kanban board designs and styles
- Selecting the Team Kanban board design that is best suited for your context
- Understanding the value and benefits for each on the "alternative path to agility"
- Building a higher level of quality by means of a Team Kanban
Team Kanban Practitioner qualification
Successful completion of this kanban training course meets the requirement for the Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) status designation indicating competency in visual management for improved collaboration and Team Kanban concepts based on the Kanban Method. You will receive:
- A certificate of completion, along with TKP credential issued by Lean Kanban University — recognized globally as the leading certifying body for Kanban professionals.
- A digital copy of the book “Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for Your Technology Business” by David J. Anderson.
Want to get organized? Achieve greater agility?
Lean Kanban University brings you The Alternative Path to Agility, a series of 1-day and 2-day certified Kanban training classes presenting the best techniques proven in thousands of organizations worldwide.
Already using Kanban? You can take it farther. Many TKP kanban training participants extend their current Kanban initiatives for greater results.
THE ALTERNATIVE PATH TO AGILITY COURSE SERIES
- 1-day Team Kanban Practitioner or Introduction to Kanban (Introductory)
- 2-day Kanban System Design or Kanban for IT / Operations (KMP Foundation I)
- 2-day Kanban Management Professional (KMP Foundation II)
- Choose an individual class or take the whole series in a 5-day sequence.
Public or private kanban training class options available.
For more information on Lean Kanban University, mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us +1-510-258-2345.
Class starts promptly at 9 AM and typically ends around 5 PM. Please arrive at 8:30 AM so we can start promptly at 9 AM. Dress comfortably. There will be a lot of interactivity both sitting & standing. Lunch and Coffee Breaks are provided.
Who should attend?
- Team members in professional services roles (e.g. Project Managers) whose employer wishes to explore and pursue an alternative path to agility.
- Those who feel overburdened and wish to find some respite to enable them to "get things done" with quality, improved speed, and predictability.
- Managers and team members who need help focusing on what to work on now, what to leave until later and what to discard altogether.
This 1-day class is divided into a morning simulation and learning modules as follows:
- Introduction and Survey
- Lean Kanban interactive simulation
- Using Kanban to address overburdening
- Principles & Practices of the Kanban Method
- Meanings of Kanban
- Basic Kanban concepts
- Overview of 7 Kanban Cadences
- Daily Stand-up Meeting
- Replenishment Meeting
- Board designs (including Personal Kanban)
- WIP limits
- Batching and Flow
- Types of Risk
- Kanban board design exercise
- Preview of what's next...
- Service delivery workflow Kanban
- Proto-Kanban versus full Kanban System
- Benefits of extending Kanban up/down workflow
Attendees should become familiar with the Kanban Method. They should be able to design and implement a basic Kanban board. They should be able to understand work item types and the risks associated with specific work items. They should be familiar with a variety of different Team Kanban board designs and styles and know how to choose a design that is best suited for their context. They should be aware of the training roadmap and the value and benefits to be derived at each step on the"alternative path to agility."
Please note that there is a class limit of 24 students. Also note that to make the course economically viable we need a minimum of 8 students.
Cancellation Policy – Please Note:
Substitutions are accepted at any time. Cancellations must be notified by email and refunds will be provided according to the following:
More than 30 days prior = 100% of course fee
Agile School Inc. reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event if there are insufficient registrations or if presenters are unable to attend due to illness. If necessary, you will be notified no later than 5 days prior to the event and all registration payments will be refunded promptly. If circumstances require, presenters may be substituted for alternative qualified presenters with equivalent experience.
Please be advised that events can be subject to changes in date and/or venue due to acts out of our control such as bad weather, civil unrest, etc. It is recommended that you purchase changeable and refundable tickets. Agile School Inc. will not be responsible for incurred costs if we need to make changes due to circumstances beyond our control.
Have questions about Kanban Training? If you need assistance, please contact us at email@example.com or call514-258-2345.