Better Value: If you are interested in becoming a Kanban Management Professional, we offer a combined 4-day course that covers both the KMP1 & KMP2 syllabus. To find out more click here.
About The Course
The Kanban Systems Design [KMP1] (also known as Certified Lean Kanban Foundation) lays the foundations of the Lean Kanban method teaching you the principles, practices and processes. This 2-day course is certified by the Lean Kanban University and has been put together by Lean Kanban experts and leaders including David J. Anderson and Mike Burrows.
The course follows the official LKU Certified Kanban syllabus. During the two days you will have ample opportunities to discuss and experience the following topics:
- Full simulation using the getKanban game
Definition of Kanban
- Foundational Principles
- Core Practices
- The Kanban Lens
- The Kanban Values
- Pull-Based Systems
- Commitment in Kanban
- Replenishment and Planning
- Delivery of Products
- Lead and End-to-End Cycle Times
- Little’s Law
- Cumulative Flow Diagrams
- Flow Efficiency
- Metrics in Kanban Systems
- STATIK - Systems Thinking Approach to Implementing Kanban
- Understanding Sources of Variability
- Identifying Opportunities to Improve
- Analysing Demand and Capability
- Modelling Workflow
- Designing a Kanban System
- Work Item Types
- Classes of Service
Kanban Board Design
- Designing Kanban Ticket
- Examples of Visual Kanban Boards
Who Should Attend?
Kanban works across multiple functions of an organisation, from senior members of staff looking to adopt Lean Management to members of delivery teams willing to improve their working practices. Previous KMP1 attendees have been in roles such as:
- Senior Managers
- Programme and Project Managers
- Product Managers, Product Owners and Business Analysts
- Scrum Masters, Team Leads and Change Agents
- Product & Software Developers & Testers
- Agile Coaches & Practitioners (Scrum, XP, DSDM, AgilePM, etc.)
- Other roles such as HR and Finance professionals
Participants will receive a KMP1 certificate of course completion from Lean Kanban University (LKU) as well as membership of LKU.
If you are interested in becoming a Certified Kanban Management Professional (KMP), we offer a combined 4-day course that covers both the KMP1 & KMP2 syllabus. To find out more click here.
Scrum Alliance: 16 Scrum Educational Units (SEUs) towards your CSP (Certified Scrum Professional)
Project Management Institute (PMI): 16 PDUs (Professional Development Units).
Contact: email@example.com Tel: +44 (0)203 633 0277