About The Event
This interactive Kanban training class provides an introduction to Lean, Pull Systems and Kanban and the application of Kanban to successfully improve your delivery. Using Lean and Agile techniques, it provides a practical introduction to this new and exciting approach to accelerate the flow of work in your projects and operations.
This is a 2-day hand on workshop which covers how Kanban helps teams, leaders, and managers manage IT Operations more effectively.
This course guides you through the fundamentals of Kanban thinking and how you can apply Kanban method in your organization to understand your demand and visualize your workflow, bottlenecks and queues and how to continually evolve your system to improve the flow of value.
You will learn techniques to help you create better reliability and predictability and be able to:
- Take an active role in your team’s adoption of Kanban
- Understand the day-to-day operation and maintenance of Kanban systems
- Understand key concepts such as pull & commitment
- Effectively communicate and take an active role in resolving issues affecting flow of work
- Understand what measures are used for, which ones to use to understand how the team is working
- Understand your team’s capability (sources & types of demand, failure & value demand, completion time and rate for each demand type & source)
The course is designed to help you understand your current condition, model and visualize it as a Kanban system, understand and measure your current system's capability and apply Kanban thinking to continually improve.
Understand your current condition
- Map your current system
- Identify your classes of service and demand
- Measure your current system capability
- Kanban principles
- Transitioning to a pull-based system
- Visualizing specializations, bottlenecks, buffers, and queue
- Impact of work in process
Model your system
- How the work works - the workflow
- Type of work, frequency, variable size
- Capacity allocation and WIP limits
- Coordination points Cadence - deployment, testing, release
- Using measures to gain insight
- Evolutionary change
- Building a daily improvement cadence
Who should attend this training?
- Project Managers / Program Managers
- Agile Coaches and Consultants
- Application leads / Team Leads
- Software developers, Testers, Business analysts
"Everybody looking for ways to better manage projects should attend this 2-day certified Kanban course."
- Lean-Kanban University (LKU) certificate of course completion
- An electronic copy of the course slides
- Membership of the Lean-Kanban University (LKU) and access to the members’ only sections of the LKU website.This will help you connect with the Kanban community and share your experience and new ideas.