Attended this class? Sign in to participate.
About The Event
To become a Kanban Management Professional, we offer a combined 4-day course that covers both KMP1 & KMP2 syllabus.
Are you struggling with implementing Agile in your organization? Is the change too preive? Are your teams overburdened and less productive but still too resistant for a revolutionary change?
Choose the “Alternative Path to Agility” and implement an evolutionary and humane Change Management Method which doesn’t change your process but improves it.
The Kanban Method provides pragmatic, actionable, evidence-based guidance for successful evolutionary change. It starts with what you do now and respects current roles, responsibilities and job titles. This allows organizations to evolve business processes gradually, define and use relevant metrics to measure progress, and significantly reduce the risk associated with complex change programs.
This 4-day hands-on course follows the official Lean Kanban University (LKU) training materials produced by David J Anderson, Mike Burrows and other leading Lean Kanban experts.
In the course, you will be involved in regular hands-on exercises and discussions that will focus on the daily operation of a Kanban system and how to extend the kanban system boundary and include multiple value streams.
You will consider what type of Kanban initiative is most appropriate for your organisation and how to manage and evolve it over time.
You will learn how to improve agility with asymmetrical commitment and cadences.
The course follows the official LKU Certified Kanban Management Professional syllabus. During the course, you will have ample opportunities to discuss and experience the following topics
Day 1 & 2
Experience the key concepts listed below through using the getKanban simulation
Definition of Kanban
- Foundational Principles
- Core Practices
- The Kanban Lens
- The Kanban Values
- Pull-Based Systems
- Commitment in Kanban
- Replenishment and Planning
- Delivery of Products
- Lead and End-to-End Cycle Times
- Little's Law
- Cumulative Flow Diagrams
- Flow Efficiency
- Metrics in Kanban Systems
- STATIK - Systems Thinking Approach to Implementing Kanban
- Understanding Sources of Variability
- Identifying Opportunities to Improve
- Analysing Demand and Capability
- Modelling Workflow
- Designing a Kanban System
- Work Item Types
- Classes of Service
- Ticket Designing Tickets
- Visual Boards Design
Day 3 & 4
- Building an Information Flow: the 7 Cadences
- Dealing with resistance to WIP limits
- Understand asymmetrical commitment
- Rollout phases for a Kanban initiative
- Developing a service orientation
- Kanban Values: a different approach to introducing Kanban
- Scrumban case study Managing evolutionary change
On successful completion, you will
- Understand your demand sources and types
- Measure your system's capability in meeting your purpose
- Measure the impact of failure demand
- Visualise your current system
- Define explicit policies
- Identify areas for improvement
- Describe Lean-Kanban approach to change
- List Lean Kanban cadences
- Describe STATIK
- Define explicit policies
- Receive the Kanban Management Professional KMP designate from the Lean Kanban University
- Optionally, be listed on LKU as a member
This course is suitable for professionals across all industries who want to improve service delivery and deliver more often with higher quality. This course is relevant to everyone involved in services delivery and management. Including
- Delivery Managers
- Project Managers
- Product Managers
- Product Designers
- Software Product Developers
- Delivery team members (Test specialist, Business Analysts, Administrators)
Lean Kanban University
This course has been accredited by the Lean Kanban University (LKU).
On successful completion, students taking an LKU accredited course will receive the certificate of completion, membership of Lean Kanban University (LKU) Listing in the LKU Member Directory.
Participants will receive a KMP certificate of course completion from Lean Kanban University (LKU) as well as membership of LKU. The Certificate is for lifetime and doesn’t need to be renewed.
Project Management Institute (PMI): 16 PDUs (Professional Development Units).
Cancellations & Refunds
Substitutions are accepted at any time. Cancellations must be notified by email and refunds will be provided according to the following:
We reserve the right to postpone or cancel this event if there are insufficient registrations or if presenters are unable to attend due to illness. If necessary, you will be notified no later than 5 days prior to the event and all registration payments will be refunded promptly. We will not be responsible for any other costs incurred.
- Ø Lean Kanban University's certified training curriculum and teaching methods were created through collaboration of leading experts and validated in hundreds of training classes around the world.
- Ø You get pragmatic, actionable guidance you can implement in your organization next week - because it doesn't require permission, a large budget or getting others to change.
- Ø You will receive training from an Accredited Kanban Trainer, who has experience teaching and coaching Kanban within several organizations.
- Ø Profile listing on the Lean-Kanban University (LKU) alumni page.
- Ø Private on-site and semi-private training classes are also available, upon request.
Registration includes lunch on both days and an electronic copy of the presentation slides after course completion.
All attendees receive a free electronic copy of Kanban Blue Book by David J. Anderson.