This 2-day course focuses on the rollout and daily operation of a Kanban system. You will consider what type of Kanban initiative is most appropriate for your organization and how to manage and evolve it over time without trauma.
Learn how to improve agility with asymmetrical commitment and cadences. Also covered in this course: recommended meetings, handling metrics, and setting policy.
This course is the second of two courses towards the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) credential. By completing both KMP I and KMP II, participants can achieve the KMP credential with the Lean Kanban University®.
- 14 PDUs | 14 SEUs
- Lean Kanban University® (LKU) certificate
- Profile listing on the LKU alumni page
- 2 free books, newsletter subscription, and more
- Registered Education Provider with LKU and PMI
Who should attend?
- Those who have experience applying the Kanban method in their organizations and who desire to keep momentum beyond the initial improvements realized from the Kanban system introduction;
- Those who need to ensure that better products and services lead to higher customer satisfaction and business performance and
- Those who want to grow a learning organization, where many such services connect and interact.
Participants will learn deeper Kanban practices to sustain evolutionary improvements, how to get to pull at enterprise scale and how to implement Kanban Cadences for improved organizational feedback loop mechanisms.
Motivation for the Kanban method
Emotional objections to WIP limit introduction
Enterprise-level Kanban case study
- Kanban value system
- Commitment and replenishment in-depth
- Kanban at scale: understanding the organization as a network of services
- Implementing organizational feedback loops with Kanban Cadences such as Replenishment Meetings, Service Delivery Reviews, Operational Reviews and Risk Reviews
- Managing sources of delay, dependencies and variability
- Models for improvement
- Evolutionary approach to change management
- Attendees are expected to have read the Kanban book by David J Anderson or Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows. The Kanban ebook will be provided upon registration. Prior attendance at a Team Kanban Practitioner 1-day course is recommended but not required.
This course, following completion of the KMP Foundations I: Kanban System Design class, satisfies the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) designation requirement. Attendees will receive the following recognition:
- Digital KMP status certificate attached to Lean Kanban University website profile
- KMP badge on the LKU website
- KMP badge file for use in professional websites, business cards and other locations
- Eligibility for special invitations, discounts, and content only available to LKU members