Attended this class? Sign in to participate.
This 2-day hands-on course follows the official Lean Kanban University (LKU) training materials produced by David J Anderson, Mike Burrows and other leading Lean Kanban experts.
In the course, you will be involved in regular hands-on exercises and discussions that will focus on the rollout and daily operation of a Kanban system. You will consider what type of Kanban initiative is most appropriate for your organisation and how to manage and evolve it over time without trauma.
You will learn how to improve agility with asymmetrical commitment and cadences.
The course follows the official LKU Certified Kanban Management Professional syllabus. During the course you will have ample opportunities to discuss and experience the following topics:
- Building an Information Flow: the 7 Cadences
- Dealing with resistance to WIP limits
- Understand asymmetrical commitment
- Rollout phases for a Kanban initiative
- Developing a service orientation
- Kanban Values: a different approach to introducing Kanban
- Scrumban case study
- Managing evolutionary change
Attendees are encouraged to have read the following Kanban book
- Kanban by David J Anderson, or
- Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows.
Prior attendance at one of the following courses:
- KMP Foundations I: Kanban System Design (KMP I)
- Lean Kanban University Foundations-level class such as Getting Started with Kanban
- Certified Kanban Practitioner
This course is designed for any professional who is part of a product development or knowledge work environment and who is interested in discovering how Kanban can help improve working environments. Kanban works across multiple functions of an organisation, from senior members of staff looking to adopt Lean Management to members of delivery teams willing to improve their working practices.
Previous attendees to our classes have been in roles such as:
- Senior Management Positions (CxO)
- Programme and Project Managers
- Product Managers, Product Owners and Business Analysts
- Scrum Team Members
- Scrum Masters, Team Leads and Change Agents
- Product & Software Developers & Testers
- Agile Coaches & Practitioners (Scrum, XP, DSDM, AgilePM, etc.)
- Other roles such as HR and Finance professionals
LKU Certification & Professional Development
Participants will receive the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) certificate from Lean Kanban University (LKU) as well as membership of LKU.
The course materials will be available in printed and electronic form.
This training provides 16 Professional Development Units (PDU). If you are interested in becoming a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) by the Scrum Alliance, this course can be used to claim 16 Scrum Education Units (SEU).
Why Learn With TheKanbanMaster?
- Lean Kanban University's certified training curriculum and teaching methods were created through collaboration of leading Kanban experts and validated in hundreds of training classes around the world.
- You get pragmatic, actionable guidance you can implement in your organization next week - because it doesn't require permission, a large budget or getting others to change
- Simon Kneafsey (The Kanban Master) is a world class trainer and coach with huge experience of the Kanban method.
- Private on-site and semi-private training classes are also available, upon request. Please see TheKanbanMaster.co.uk's public course list for further details.