This is a certified Kanban training course and it follows the high quality standards of the Lean Kanban University (LKU). It fulfills the KMP I (Kanban Management Professional I) requirement and provides eligibility to take KMP II training. Completion of a KMP II class, will result in the designation Certified Kanban Management Professional, a recognized industry accreditation offered by LKU.
Many organizations face common issues like delays, plans disruption by unplanned activities and emergencies, slowness to react, overburdened people, poor quality, unhappy customers.
This highly interactive and engaging training let participants learn Kanban, understanding its foundational principles and how to effectively put them in practice to address the above mentioned issues and more.
Games and activities will provide hands-on experience and let participants understand that Kanban is not just “putting post-its on a board” and how it fits very different contexts like product development and service delivery.
Attendants will learn how and why flow of work is slowed down or stopped and will learn how to deal with overburden, bottlenecks and queues to smooth and optimise the flow of value through their system
We will look at how and why Kanban is a flexible approach to manage change, and how to design and setup fast learning experiments.
Bring your own problems and questions!
- What is Kanban. Understand its roots, the principles and the practices.
- How to visualise work, identifying dysfunctions and issues.
- Balancing demand and capacity.
- How to work with shifting priorities
- How to deal with interrupt work and multi-tasking
- Adopting a service oriented mindset.
- Using metrics and charts to improve process and delivery
- Selecting what to start, what to postpone and what to drop. Managing risk.
- Identifying Classes of Services and defining Service Level Agreements
- Starting with Kanban: STATIK
- Kanban at different scale: at team level, multiple teams, multiple projects, etc.
teams, leaders and managers that a want to deliver more effectively. Anyone involved in changing and improving the organization and its processes. Product/Service teams, Engineers, technicians, project and portfolio managers, CIOs, COOs, and in general anyone that want to design and setup a Kanban system or that want to evolve an existing Kanban system managing change and collaborative improvement.
Participants will receive
- A digital copy of the book Kanban by David J. Anderson or the book Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows
- Certificate of Completion of Lean Kanban University Certified Kanban Training, digital format
- Membership in Lean Kanban University and a listing in the LKU Alumni Directory.