Many organisations face common issues like delays, disruption of plans from unplanned activities & emergencies, slowness to react, overburden of people, poor quality and unhappy customers.
This highly interactive and engaging training let participants learn The Kanban Method, understanding its foundational principles and how to effectively put them into practice to address the above mentioned issues and more.
Games and activities will provide hands-on experience and let participants understand that Kanban is not just “putting post-its on a board” and how it fits very different contexts like product development and service delivery.
Attendants will learn how and why flow of work is slowed down or stopped and will learn how to deal with overburden, bottlenecks and queues to smooth and optimise the flow of value through their system
We will look at how and why Kanban is a flexible approach to manage change, and how to design and setup fast learning experiments.
Target audience: This course is designed for any professional who is responsible for product/project delivery or part of a delivery team. Kanban works across all levels of an organisation, from senior members of staff to members of delivery teams and is appropriate for anyone wishing to improve their working environment and delivery capability.
- What is Kanban. Understand its roots, the principles and the practices.
- How to visualise work, identifying dysfunctions and issues.
- Balancing demand and capacity.
- How to work with shifting priorities
- How to deal with interrupt work and multi-tasking
- Adopting a service oriented mindset.
- Using metrics and charts to improve process and delivery
- Selecting what to start, what to postpone and what to drop. Managing risk.
- Identifying Classes of Services and defining Service Level Agreements
- Starting with Kanban: STATIK
- Kanban at different scale: at team level, multiple teams, multiple projects, etc.