Attended this class? Sign in to participate.
KMP I: Kanban Systems Design
This class fulfills the Foundation I requirement through Lean Kanban University (LKU) and provides eligibility to take Foundation II courses. (Completion of a Foundation II level class, such as KMP II: Kanban Management Professional, will result in the designation Certified Kanban Management Professional, a recognized industry accreditation offered by LKU.)
Who Should Attend
The ideal participants of this class are those who take responsibility for improving delivery of products and services to customers of professional service businesses. Software development and project managers, existing Product Owners and ScrumMasters, Development/QA Team members and other individual contributors (Business Analysts, or Subject-Matter experts), process improvement coaches, including executives who want to gain a deeper understanding of the benefits of applying Kanban to their existing workflows.
What You'll Get
- FREE book 'Kanban' by David J. Anderson - As a KMP I participant, you'll receive a free digital copy of the book 'Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for Your Technology Business' by David J. Anderson, who is credited with the first implementation of a kanban process for software development, in 2005.
- Certificate and Membership - Upon successful completion of your KMP I class, you'll receive a digital Certificate of Completion from Lean Kanban University, ready to forward to current or future employers. You'll also receive a lifetime membership to Lean Kanban University and a listing in the LKU Alumni Directory.
- Tour of one of the topic Agile shops in South Florida.
- A Fun and Memorable Learning Experience - This Kanban Systems Design course is not your usual classroom training. Instructor Rick Regueira uses cutting edge adult learning practices, which not only make the class enjoyable, but are proven to increase retention and understanding.
What You'll Learn
- Gain a well-founded understanding of the Kanban method, and its practices and guiding principles
- Learn about a systems thinking approach to designing and introducing one or more Kanban system in your specific organization’s environment (Start with what you know!)
- Learn how to improve services delivery to a customer-focused and needs-sensitive one, so as to make a difference in your business
- Gain an understanding of Pull-based workflow, and how limited Work In Progress (WIP) can actually increase the efficiency in your team’s delivery of services to your customers
The Kanban Systems Design course is a 2 day overview and application of the Kanban method, and an approach to introducing the method into your organization. It includes evidence-based information about the efficacy and effectiveness of Kanban, and how it can be introduced into your existing organization. The flow of course involves many group exercises, discussions, and highly interactive game play. In Day 1 you’ll learn about and get experience about several key elements of the Kanban Method, such as:
- Systems Thinking
- Work Item Types
- Classes of Service
- Establishing Policies behind the work to assist your teams delivery
- Kanban system mechanics and indicators
- Commitment Point(s)
- Lead Time
- Capability vs Deliverability: Cumulative-Flow Diagrams
In Day 2, you’ll be presented an evidence-based application of the STATIK (Systems Thinking Approach to Introducing Kanban), and go through exercises to learn how to apply the approach to your current environment (Start with what you know!)
- Introduction to the STATIK method
- Evidence-based case study behind The Kanban Methods design
- Genesis of Kanban case study
- Understanding the context to understand the need for change
- How “Demand Analysis” assists shaping the change
- Visualizing the workflow that exists
- Discovery of, and decomposing the design behind Classes of Service
- Cadences: Delivering and Replenishing to sustain and nourish the flow of work
- Establishing a Kanban system visualization you can use immediately