Attended this class? Sign in to participate.
Organisations are realising the value in cutting waste and optimising business processes; as a result an increasing amount of companies are moving towards the Lean Kanban Method as part of their Agile Transformation.
Certified Kanban Foundation is a highly interactive two-day course accredited by the LeanKanban University (LKU). It combines teaching, group discussions and a fully immersive simulation to illustrate how the Kanban Method helps individuals, teams, and organisations to manage and improve the delivery of products and services to their customers.
The Kanban Method provides pragmatic, actionable, evidence-based guidance for successful evolutionary change. It starts with what you do now and pursues evolutionary change while respecting current roles, responsibilities and job titles, and encouraging leadership at all levels. This allows organisations to evolve business processes gradually, define and use relevant metrics to measure progress, and significantly reduce the risks associated with complex change programmes.
You will leave this course with knowledge of the Kanban principles and general practices, and skills that will enable you to apply Kanban with confidence in your organisation.
What Will You Learn?
- Identify internal and external sources of dissatisfaction
- Analyse demand vs capability
- Model the knowledge discovery process
- Design kanban systems and their visualisations
- Identify and prioritise improvements
- Choose cadences for activities
- Identify classes of service
What Will I Receive?
Two days of high quality training with Michael Chik who has 20 years of experience in software development. During the course, refreshments and lunch will be provided. You will also receive:
- Course materials (print & electronic)
- Electronic copy of the book "Kanban - Successful Evolutionary Change for Your Technology Business" by David J. Anderson
- Membership and online profile at the Lean-Kanban University (LKU)
- Lean-Kanban University (LKU) certificate of course completion
- 16 PDUs and 16 SEUs
How Is The Training Structured?
Introduction to Kanban
Definition of the Kanban Method
Kanban in action: immersive Kanban simulation
Using a kanban system: practical lessons from the simulation
Introduction to STATIK: Systems Thinking Approach To Introducing Kanban
Identifying internal and external motivation for change
Demand analysis for different types of work Mapping the workflow
Discovering different classes of service
Choosing system replenishment and delivery frequencies
Designing a kanban system for you
To improve your learning experience this course uses non-technical exercises, simulations, a case study and discussions organised in small groups.
Who Is This Course For?
This training is for anyone who is involved in knowledge work or product development. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Programme and delivery managers
- Product and project managers
- Product developers, software developers and testers
- People working in operations or support
- Business analysts
- High-level management
- Anyone interested in implementing Agile in their organisation
- People working in non-software domains, such as HR or sales
- Kanban can also help Scrum teams that have earlier struggled to implement the extensive changes needed as per the official Scrum guide.